Montriond is Morzine’s closest neighbouring village and is fast becoming as popular. Here are just a few of our top reasons why we think it’s an amazing destination for your summer stay!
- Think French village vibes – as you’d expect, Montriond is smaller than its better-known neighbour and due to this, has a more alpine village feel to immerse yourself into the local French culture. Think a game of evening Pétanque opposite the traditional village church or ordering your baguette en Francais! Look out for the Fête de Montriond which takes place in the summer and has great fireworks too – an event not be missed.
- Evening sunshine – due to it’s sunny location, Montriond enjoys evening sun for longer than Morzine, which means you can squeeze in another al fresco drink on your chalet decking before the sun dips!
- Great location – Montriond is traditionally the adjoining village to Morzine but nowadays they merge and are within easy walking distance of each other. Morzine offers closer access to the Ardent bubble and great bus connections via the free bus route M. It’s also closer to the large supermarket in St Jean D’aulps for stocking up on a large stock of supplies!
- Handy facilities – Montriond has everything you need all within walking distance – a well and varied stocked grocery store (including great vegetarian options!), a handful of restaurants including a pizzaria (plus an exciting new restaurant opening this summer, more news to follow…) and one of the best local bars in the region – La Marmotte d’Or, with a large sunny terrace and great menu of meals and kids meals.
- Lac de Montriond – possibly our favourite summer destination, the lake is a great place to visit at any time of day! From a morning run or dip, to a daytime picnic and swim with the family, to a sunset BBQ – all just a stone’s throw away from Montriond village. You can hire boats and paddleboards to get out on the turquoise waters and there are a good selection of restaurants and cafes right on the shore.
- Amazing climbs – whether you’re on wheels or feet, Montriond has some spectacular climbs offering superb vistas over the surrounding valleys and beyond. The Col de Joux Verte climbs up from Montriond to Avoriaz, zigzagging its way past the Lindarets goat village – perfect for two wheels or four! If you have hiking in mind, Pointe de Nanteaux (2140m) overlooks the village and is an ideal hiking mission for energetic types!
- Stunning chalets to rent – with recent interest and development in this gorgeous village, there is now a range of gorgeous unique chalets to choose from for your summer holiday offering unbelievable views and amazing facilities.
Still to book a summer holiday? Contact us today for our latest availability and last minute summer deals…
Treeline Chalets - Get In Touch
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Subscribe to our newsletter
STAY IN TOUCH WITH ALL OF OUR LATEST UPDATES AND OFFERS BY ENTERING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HERE