New Year is a wonderful time to be in Morzine, not only can you welcome in the new year in style in our catered chalets being hosted by our amazing staff, you can hit the slopes on the 1st January (and ski off the hangover)!
We can’t think of a better way to end the year and bring in the New Year than spending it in Morzine with your family and friends. And there are so many events and festivities happening in and around resort to keep you (and the kids) entertained off the mountain too. And most of them are free!
It really is a magic time to be in Morzine, and we’ve put together a day by day guide to our favourite activities and events happening in resort this New Year…
SATURDAY 30th DECEMBER 2017
- Kickstart your week in the mountains by popping into the centre of Morzine to enjoy the decorative lights in the tourist office square from 4pm to 7pm. Then head back to your chalet for some welcome fizz and canapés and your evening meal.
SUNDAY 31st DECEMBER – NEW YEARS EVE 2017!!
- For the little ones (3 years +) check out the face painting workshop by the tourist office from 3.30-6.30pm.
- Once again, the tourist office square and Taille de Mas du Pléney will be illuminated with magical lights from 4pm to 7pm
- Enjoy the magical ESF torchlit descent of the Pleney slopes, with mulled wine and an epic fireworks display from 6.30pm. If you’re organised enough, bring your own cup/mug and the mulled wine is free (otherwise €1 per glass)
- Then return to your chalet for your special NYE 4 course evening and extra bubbly!
- Post dinner, get down to the live DJ in the Tourist Office Square from 10pm to 1am – so you can dance the night away! If you’ve still got energy, you will find plenty more parties across town to move on to, check out Cafe Chaud, Paradis or Crepu!
MONDAY 1st JANUARY 2018
- Why not blast away the hangovers on New Years Day by hitting the slopes and for those feeling adventurous experience the Fantasticable – now open in the winter!
- For those aged 3 years +, the face painting workshop returns today too from 3.30-6.30pm at the tourist office.
- For some live music during your apres-ski, the Inglorious Fonkers Show brings funk and rock from the 1960s to the Morzine streets! Playing from 4.30pm to 6.30pm in the tourist office square and is suitable for all ages.
TUESDAY 2nd JANUARY 2018
- If you’re a group of experienced skiers/snowboarders, and you’ve had a good nights sleep why not explore the full Portes du Soliel by completing the full loop!! Ask your chalets hosts for more details and follow the PDS piste map routes!
- For children and families, there are creative workshops at the Palais des Sports between 2.30 PM and 4 PM where children can make Christmas garlands and festive mobiles. Or for children interested in cooking, there is also a cooking workshop there at the same time (4.30 PM and 6 PM).
- Or enjoy the Street Parade between 4.30 and 6.30pm at the Tourist Office Square.
WEDNESDAY 3rd JANUARY 2018
- If you fancy a rest from the skiing, you can find the local Morzine market in the Carrefour car parking area from 9am to 12 noon and purchase some local food specialities.
- For children, there’s the Magic Wand making workshop at the Palais des Sports from 2.30pm to 6pm.
- It’s staff night off so it’s your chance to sample some of the fantastic local restaurants in Morzine, we highly recommend you try some of the local Savoyarde dishes!
THURSDAY 4th JANUARY 2018
- For non skiers, enjoy a free tour of the local Fromagerie La Fruitier l’Alpage between 9 am and 11 am. Learn from local cheesemaker Nicolas, all the stages involved in producing cheese.
- Light painting workshop from 2.30 – 6.30pm in the Tourist Office Square and get some epic holiday photos!
- Ice sculpture demo is on too from 4.30pm in the Tourist Office Square – a unique experience, great for families.
- From 5pm to 6.30pm in Place de l’Office de Tourisme, bring the kids along to the ‘Dragon Show’!
- And don’t forget, night skiing on the Pleney slopes is available every Thursday and included in the cost of your lift pass, so if you’ve not got enough mountain time yet, get up there, just wrap up warm!
FRIDAY 5th JANUARY 2018
- From 4.30 pm to 6.30 pm at the tourist office, enjoy a dance of colourful umbrellas with musical performers.
- For those little ones who love to create, there’s a Carpentry workshop (suitable for youngsters) between 2.30pm and 6pm.
- We think the final night of your catered chalet holiday is the perfect time to go night sledging across the Morzine slopes! If you’re interested, speak to your chalet hosts and they can get you booked in and help you with the logistics – great fun way to end your New Year holiday!
And don’t forget, we make New Year week an extra special time in all our catered chalets with lot’s of bubbly, celebrations and of course, a delicious 4 course evening meal plus canapés served on New Years Eve.
Subscribe to our newsletter
STAY IN TOUCH WITH ALL OF OUR LATEST UPDATES AND OFFERS BY ENTERING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HERE