We are looking for a self-catered resort manager & a catered resort manager to join our Winter 22/23 team.
Our resort managers ensure all our guests have the best holiday possible, managing on the ground operations on a weekly basis. The successful applicants will enjoy managing the seasonal team and weekly changeovers to ensure our full portfolio of properties are in excellent condition and ready to welcome guests each week. Create an enjoyable working environment for all staff.
The managers will be the main point of contact for their designated guests, being on call throughout the week and also manage maintenance issues as they arise. With regards to the catered chalets and flexi-catered orders, the managers will oversee the central kitchen, working closely with the Head Chef to ensure weekly delivery orders are processed correctly, the food standards are consistently met, and health and hygiene policy is followed at all times.
The roles are diverse so a degree of flexibility will be required.
- Previous line management experience
- Previous hospitality / events management experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal & written
- Highly organised, with great attention to detail
- Able to manage your own time as well as that of others, and to remain calm under pressure
- French language at B1 level or above an advantage
- Ensure customer satisfaction – working closely with all of the management team to help provide the best holiday possible for all our guests and to create an enjoyable working environment for all staff
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure everything is organised for guests arrival, and that situations in resort are dealt with in a timely and professional manner
- Be the main point of contact between the seasonal staff and management team. Use initiative and discretion to solve problems on the ground, seeking advice from management team where appropriate
- Being ‘on call’ at weekends and evenings (when working), responding to emergencies
Training & Set up
- Help plan and run training weeks.
- Help manage the chalet set ups and close downs.
- Alongside the Operations Manager create a weekly rota for relevant staff (kitchen, chalets, housekeepers, drivers etc).
- Catered Manager will work with the head chef to plan ahead for the full kitchen output
- Ensure standards are met across the full portfolio
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations and procedures are in place and check all chalet reports weekly. Especially relevant in high risk areas – hot tubs, driving, food storage
- Stock replenishment/ordering & managing budgets
- Line manager of all seasonal staff, ensuring high levels of job satisfaction
- Record hours of all staff
- Ensure cover is provided when required due to illness / injury
- Arrange and organise monthly staff trip / incentives/ competitions
- Ensure that Driving Team follow procedures for maintenance checks and re-fuelling
- Maintain clear lines of communication when delegating tasks, working closely with the rest of the management team
Subscribe to our newsletter
STAY IN TOUCH WITH ALL OF OUR LATEST UPDATES AND OFFERS BY ENTERING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HERE