Role Title: Resort Manager
Location: Morzine, France
Contract: Full Time position
Reports to: Operations Manager
Summary of the Role:
The Resort Manager will oversee the delivery of all services for our guests with a key focus on people management and logistics. From ensuring you have the correct information ahead of their arrival through to their departure you will oversee the team running the day to day of the business in resort. The role is a key member of the operations team, in a client facing position to ensure any queries are dealt with in a calm and suitable manner. The role will work closely with the management team to help provide the best holiday possible for all our guests and to create an enjoyable working environment for all staff. They will also participate in helping to grow the business, and develop new procedures and policies to ensure we constantly improve. The role is diverse so a degree of flexibility will be required.
- Ensure customer satisfaction, working closely with all of the management team to help provide the best holiday possible for all our guests.
- Support with the recruitment, training and retention of seasonal staff. Acting as HR support for the team, ensuring all recruitment and paperwork is completed, including but not limited to contracts, visas, rotas and training manuals.
- Day to day management of the Seasonal Resort teams including being ‘on call’ and managing the ‘on call’ rota.
- Supporting the Operations Manager with business administration including: supplier invoices
- Manage and maintain all Stock and stock management procedures
- Source, build and maintain supplier relationships
- Support the Sales Manager with reactive sales and customer service during cover days.
- Day to day management of the Central Production Kitchen, Integrating the seasonal team, H & S and product quality.
- Help maintain and develop the property management procedures and ensure they are integrated into the seasonal team. This includes property upkeep, opening and closing of properties, maintenance works and owner relationships.
- Health and Safety – Ensure Health Safety regulations and procedures maintained and adhered to.
- Support and manage our product quality across all areas of our delivery, especially around the development of our seasonal offer.
- Use initiative and discretion to solve problems on the ground, seeking advice from the management team where appropriate.
- Support in the closing and opening of properties for each season, including property amenities such as Swimming pool, sauna, hot tubs and steam rooms.
- Day to day Fleet manager for company vehicles
- Budgeting – support the Operations Manager with seasonal budgeting for Chalets and resort Guest expenses.
- Ambassador for Treeline Chalets throughout resort
Key Technical Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Behaviours:
- Love of skiing / snowboarding / mountain biking and the mountains
- Highly organised and details orientated with the ability to work independently, with good time management skills
- Calm under pressure, and able to handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Managerial experience: able to delegate, provide feedback and develop strong relationships with the team
- A track record of managing short contract/temporary staff and a natural ability to build the team dynamic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person, telecomms (phone) and written/email
- Adaptable to change and will thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in the ski industry, and ideally in managing catered chalets or a property portfolio is a bonus.
- A passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- Keen to take ownership of and pride in your work, a rollup-your-sleeves attitude to seeing work through and delivering results.
- ‘Can do’ attitude: willing to tackle any problem and able to effectively prioritise when faced with multiple tasks
- Enthusiastic, confident and warm, you want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun with it along the way.
- A wish to work for a small business, and an interest to understand the bigger picture whilst managing the day to day
- Business French and English, Ideally B1 level or above preferable
- High level of computer literacy, and experience using most if not all of the following programmes: google suite, zoom, asana, chaletmanager, wordpress, stripe, microsoft office programme
- Full clean Drivers Licence held for min. 3 years
This is likely to be a 10 months on and 2 months off model designed around the peak seasons of the business.
Subscribe to our newsletter
STAY IN TOUCH WITH ALL OF OUR LATEST UPDATES AND OFFERS BY ENTERING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HERE