Pancakes for the weekend!
Our carefully designed winter menu is always a hit, so why not try cooking some of our signature dishes at home…
By request, next up in our shared recipe series is our favourite fluffy pancake recipe, so you can treat your household to some ‘American style’ pancakes for brekkie this weekend!
Serves 8 (half for smaller group)
- 270g plain flour (sieved)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 50g caster sugar
- 260 ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 40g melted butter
- veg oil
maple syrup, butter, berries, banana, nutella…
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl or jug, lightly whisk together the milk, eggs and melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until you have a nice smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan (or crepe pan if you have one) over a medium heat and add some veg oil, wipe around pan with a piece of kitchen roll. Add a spoonful of your mix (required size of pancake). It should be a nice and thick mix.
- Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen to about 1cm/½in thick.
- Serve with lots of maple syrup or any other topping of choice.
More of our favourite recipe’s will be coming up for you to try at home.
And any requests for favourite recipes – let us know!
Bon ap x
Subscribe to our newsletter
STAY IN TOUCH WITH ALL OF OUR LATEST UPDATES AND OFFERS BY ENTERING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HERE